Borwick Fishery is a nine lake gravel pit complex near Carnforth in Lancashire. There is a wide variety of fishing and wildlife available with the largest lake, the 17 acre Jimmmy’s lake, providing carp to thirty eight pounds and pike to 25 pounds. The eight smaller lakes which surround Jimmy’s lake offer plenty of variety for pleasure and match anglers alike.
Borwick is truly an aquarium, offering several varieties of carp including Crucians, Ghosties, Koi and Grass Carp. There are Tench, Bream, Ide, Orf, Catfish, Perch and even Gold Rudd and Gold Tench. In 2009 several good pike were reported in the angling press. Steven Trousdale captured a 17 pounder and Peter Byron netted a 16lb 4oz pike, both fish were tempted with deadbait. Another good pike of 21lb 12oz was caught by Steve Priestley on a Herring. Jimmy’s lake produced a 25lb pike to Steve Crossman who tempted this great fish on a Mackerel. The fishery carp record was recently broken with a 38lb 3oz mirror to Kevin Carr who was fishing Jimmy’s Lake.
View Pike Waters in a larger map
- Exit the M6 at Junction 35 onto the A601M and continue until you reach the roundabout with the A6. Take the second exit from the roundabout onto the A6, heading north. Continue for 1 mile then take the third exit at the next roundabout onto Borwick Lane. After crossing the M6 turn right onto Kellet Lane. The fishery is on the right after a few hundred yards.
- Open all year round
- Fishing from 7am until dusk
- Adult: Day fishing is £6 for one rod and £2 per extra rod
24hours is £16 for one rod and £2 per extra rod
- Limited availability
- Parking at every pool
- All methods and baits allowed
- Jimmy White: 07984 399637
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No liability is accepted for costs incurred due to inaccuracies in this information. Please contact the venue to confirm details before setting out.