Chew Valley Reservoir is a Bristol Water Fishing venue with a huge reputation for producing big numbers of massive pike over several years. With 21 pike over thirty pounds caught in 2008 and two forty pounders to its name, this is the most prolific big pike water in England today. Chew Valley Reservoir is a trout water that opens it doors to pike anglers who dare to dream of catching thirty, and even forty pounders.
Chew has thrown up a string of big pike to boat and bank anglers alike including a 40lb 8oz monster to pike fly fishing expert Mike Green. The record was raised again in late 2011 as this quote from the website states: On Saturday 19th November (2011) a massive pike of 42lb 4oz was taken from the bank at Chew Valley. This beats the previous best fish taken several years ago which weighed 40.08. Pike fishing is permitted on specific dates and always over subscribed. Keep watching the Bristol Water Fisheries website for an announcement on next years’ dates.
- From Bristol take the A37 south for 5 miles. Take the right turn towards Chew Magna (B3130). After 3 miles take a left turn onto Chew Lane (B3114). Go through the village of Chew Stoke and take the left turn to reach Woodford Lodge.
- See www.bristolwaterfisheries.co.uk for a list of dates.
- Advance booking is essential
- Adult: £16.50 (Bank); £32.50 per person (Boat)
- Tea shop
- Bar & Restaurant
- Woodford lodge tackle shop is on site
- Phone: 01275 332339
- Email: email@example.com
No liability is accepted for costs incurred due to inaccuracies in this information. Please contact the venue to confirm details before setting out.