If you are a new or inexperienced Pike Angler or simply looking for some new ideas and a good read about piking, then these articles will get you started.
- What are Pike? The Myth and Legend – An introduction to pike (esox lucius) and what makes them a special fish in the eyes of pike anglers.
- My First Golden Rule of Pike Fishing – Pike fishing is more than a simple hobby, it requires certain skills and qualities to succeed, plus a network to call on for advice, particularly when you are just getting started.
- When is the Pike Fishing Season? – A lot is written about the right time of the year to fish for pike, so here are some deciding factors.
- How to set up a float ledger rig – The float ledger is one of the most popular ways of fishing for pike.
- Essential Float Ledger Tackle – The essential tackle you need to use this effective pike catching rig.
- Essential Terminal Tackle – The items of tackle every Pike Angler needs at the sharp end.
- Essential Unhooking Gear – All the equipment needed for unhooking and weighing pike and returning them safely to the water.
- Essential Pike Dead Baits – There are a wide range of bait options and a few that always seem to catch more pike.
- Pike Fishing Books – Over 140 pike fishing books listed. Read all about pike fishing, whether it is stories of massive fish or technical and how to books.
- Best Pike Fishing Books for Beginners – Two books that I recommend for all beginners.
Ask Pike Angler
Do you have a question about pike fishing that you would like answered by Pike Angler? Fill in the form below and click send.